Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A sense of community

As we began this adoption journey, my faith in the idea of 'community' has been reinstated. It seems a lot of times that people get so caught up in their own lives and own issues and own families and own activities, etc. that they forget about a whole world out there.  I know I'm a culprit of the same problem.  So it is easy for me to get discouraged by people's lack of awareness of those around them, lack of reaching out, lack of care.  But a few people have taken time out of their busy lives to make our journey to "Bring Blake Home" important enough to share! Read on...



The Driveway of Life
As a celebration of her 1-year mark of writing a blog, this friend of mine writes about all things.  But what catches my attention the most is her words about her daughter, Ella, who has DS.  I feel like I can learn a lot from her experiences with her beautiful girls.






Unseen Roots
If you want to laugh out loud one minute, feel genuinely touched by someone growing spiritually in their walk with Christ, or just totally relate to a story she tells--go read Tami's blog. She gave a shout-out to Blake and our journey!







Surviving the Chaos (and they just decided to adopt a little girl for their family)-Jamie is new in our area, but I feel like I've known her a while because of her relation to a dear friend of mine in this community.  Follow Jamie and Brent as they begin their adoption of a little gal from Africa.  So right now, they are literally "surviving the chaos.And thanks to her for introducing us to her blog followers!






Exposure Lead to Change of Direction--Thank you Malinda, for the sweet surprise I received when I opened the newspaper last week!


It's a Darn Good Life--Go check out Megan's amazing photography skills!  And I can't wait to see Malinda's family photos after seeing that she won Megan's giveaway for our Father's Day fundraiser!














Not to mention the people who have posted Blake's picture on their Facebook pages and have spread the news through word of mouth.  This journey has already brought more blessings to our life, in only 1 month, than we ever imagined.  So thank you. (and I hope I didn't forget anyone)


 

4 comments:

  1. Community is such a great thing...amazing, really.
    We are fortunate to be able to live in a great one and be a part of a fabulous blogging one.
    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Glad to see you face-to-face today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know Anna that I did my workout today. It took me 20 minutes. I follow almost all of these blogs, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Anna :)! Since I've been gone I'm a little behind on my blog reading. I just read your one about being still and loved it. You really have slowed down and put so much into your family and I know what a sacrifice that is for you! It's neat to see how God can use you just as much in the slowness as in the busyness...

    ReplyDelete