Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Metcha Day 10.19.2011

This is the day you have all been waiting for...METCHA DAY!!!! I'll post pictures first since I know that's the whole reason you are here!!!

Erin, he does smile!!!
We are in love with this little man.  He is so sweet.  The nurse at the orphanage described Blake as very active and loving.  She said they are all in love with him so much.  Which after today I can understand why...he was so snuggly and happy.  I do have to say, he is much smaller than we originally thought.  He maybe weighs 15-17 lbs., probably 9-12 month clothing...I'm guessing?  We'll see.  He is just so sweet.  We didn't get a very long visit today because this visit was for us to decide if we wanted to adopt him or not...which was a no-brainer!  He was really cute, Jerad would rub his leg with his hand and then Blake would rub his hand in the same spot.  They repeated this for a long while.  We took the little ball that is in the pictures for him to play with and he kept trying so hard to get the little rattle ball out of the cage, when he couldn't figure it out, he grabbed both of my hands and put them on the ball to get it out.  So he is smart and determined!

I wasn't sure how much to snuggle with him at first, but I just couldn't help it.  I was kissing on his hand and he'd laugh, then I'd kiss again, and he'd laugh.  Pretty soon he was holding his hand up to my mouth by himself wanting me to do it again.  Ohhh, my heart just melted.  When it was time for us to go, his nanny let us take him back to his groupa ourselves and he wouldn't let go of me...he kept clinging to me and hid his face in my shirt when the nanny reached to take him....ohhh, talk about tears.  I finally handed him over against his will and gave him the ball to keep and we walked away.  I knew right then, God created this boy for us, he is our son. We are meant to be right at this place, right now, getting this boy.  Be still my soul.

We are so anxious to go back tomorrow and visit Blake again.  I can't stop thinking about him.  Thank you all for the prayers for sleep, we surprisingly slept better last night..despite being on a train that lurched to a stop every hour or so.  Although, by now, the day is catching up with me.  We have only had pizza today to eat, actually only about 1 meal a day since we've gotten here.  I think if I look at 1 more package of peanut butter crackers I'll throw up! Keep praying, we have a lot of work ahead of us to do...specifically with paperwork before court and with being away from our girls, and for loving and growing a bond with Blake. 
Here are a few pics of our train:



20 comments:

  1. Oh my, he is SOO precious!! So glad your time with him went so well. Love and prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet boy! So glad you made it to his region safely and had some wonderful first moments together. Will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I made it thru the blog "almost" without tearing up. You got me at the handing him back to the Nanny.

    He's adorable!

    Congratulations on meeting your son for the first time. :)

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, what a wonderful metcha day!! He is sooo cute! One thing I know - even though these babies are born half way around the world to other mother's, God made them for us! Cant wait to watch the bonding begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, we haven't spoken before but I'm another RR family. We were in your shoes last year with our lil man! I correspond with Sarah a lot and found out about you guys! So happy for your first meeting of lil man. He is a CUTIE!
    and I agree with you...God has a HUGE plan for us and these children were ours before we even knew it. I have NO idea what life was without our Bryce.
    Good luck with a speedy court and I will be stalking your blog just like Sarahs, LOL!
    Kim Baumann
    Your Orlando RR/internet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay...I am SO happy for you guys! Sounds like your prayer that Blake would know you were coming was answered 10Xs over! Praise God. Can't wait until you are home with your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am continuing to pray for you!! Thank You for the pictures!!! He is the sweetest thing and so smart too!!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. PRECIOUS PRECIOUS.... I just have to say this.... You said YES when you saw him because God knit him to you before you crossed that ocean. A no brainer to you but to those caretakers and the director - HUGE. You crossed the ocean for a rejected child. What a testimony. What a statement. No one can claim the castaway kids are unwanted. Too many families are crossing the ocean and scooping them up in their arms and labeling them as SONS AND DAUGHTERS. It is beautiful and I stand and applaud each and every family who formally says YES. I applaud you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Bloke is just beautiful how could anyone not fall in love with him? and yes a no brainer, cannot wait to follow along on this wonderful journey, we adopted a little boy last year from Kazakhstan and I remember them asking us if we wanted to adopt him for us it was of course !!!!! again so happy for you all

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for you Anna, and cannot WAIT to meet Blake!!! What a miracle!
    Sara R

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheering here at home!!!!!!!!!
    God, your creations are awesome.
    Your timing is perfect.
    Thank you, thank you, thank, Lord!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome day! He looks so happy and sweet! I'm surprised he's so little too, the pics made him look bigger. I'm so happy for you guys that it was such a good experience - will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing. What an amazing gift to you guys and to him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so happy Anna! What a great moment! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my he is a total doll! Praying, praying! Can't wait for more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very AWESOME!!!! You two look great together!! Loved the pics, ready to see more!!! Good luck, have fun and GOD BLESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so natural with Blake in your arms, he is just beautiful! I wish you all the best in your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the pictures of your handsome man!

    ReplyDelete