To answer a few questions about cost:
1. Where does the $25,000 that we are trying to raise go?
2. Where does the money go if we reach our goal ahead of time?
Here's a breakdown of our costs...
1. Reece's Rainbow Application Fees/Trust Deposits...$1305
2. Home Study/Post-Adoption Fees...$2760
3. Birth Certificates/Marriage License...$127.95
4. Fundraising Costs...$166
6. Dossier Costs (so far)...$1093
7. Plane Tickets...$5000
8. EE Facilitation Fees...$9000
9. Apartment Rental...$1800 (for 30 days)
10. In-Country Travel Expenses/Food...$2500
11. Medical/Visa for Blake...$550
12. Passport for Blake...$350
Running Total So Far...$22,745...
We were instructed to fundraise at least $25,000 to cover all the costs. If we were to surpass this goal, by the grace of God, the extra money would go toward the adoption of another child through Reece's Rainbow. In addition, if for some reason, we were not able to adopt Blake, the money we raise would stay with him until he is able to be adopted. So please know that you are not donating your money to 'us' or for us to 'buy a child'...you are helping us get through all the legal work, leg work, and red tape for us to become Blake's "Forever Family." You are also providing a voice for these children, by raising awareness of the needs of these little orphans who God considers His own. So we thank you for your generosity and support. And MOST of all prayers.
Anna & Jerad