Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Blake's Perspective...Part 5

Well, evidently mommy had no idea how many things I had to say, but you see, I've been holding all of this information in the past 2 years of my life.  Now that I'm in a loving, thriving environment, I feel like I can openly express myself and not feel suppressed.  I'm really learning a lot of things about me.

I can laugh...out loud, actually.  This great feeling comes over me sometimes, like when daddy tickles me under the chin with his whiskers, and I can't help but let out this sound and I giggle and giggle...until my eyes water.  I just can't help it!  I had NO idea how good it would feel to laugh like this, well, honestly, I've never had a good reason to laugh so hard.  Then on the other end of the spectrum, I'm discovering another emotion I've kept inside.  Crying.  I'm becoming quite an expert actually, thanks to that chubby little round girl.  She can cry at the drop of a hat.  It seems she has really practiced.  But sometimes when I fall down, well a lot of times, I hit my head on a wall or table, and it sends this pain through my body.  I used to just rub the sore spot and move on no matter how bad it hurt, but now I'm realizing a sound erupts out of my body in response to pain now.  When I let out a cry, Mommy usually runs right over to pick me up and kiss my 'ouchy' spot and I magically feel better.  Crying has never been effective before.  I remember crying in my bed as a baby, when I was hungry and lonely.  I would cry and cry and cry.  Yet no one would ever come pick me up.  I soon realized that it was ineffective.  Crying wouldn't gain a response, so why do it?  Most kids begin to realize this after living at my old house for a few months.  Wow, I wish I could go back and tell all my friends who still live there about all the new things I'm learning.  If they only knew there is a whole other world out here!!

And in response to the stupid Santa complaint letter that the chubby girl wrote...I only write about what I see.  Give me a break!  I'm still learning about what having sister's is all about.  There are good things and bad things.  There are some good things, actually happening between us. In fact, I don't know when she wrote that letter, but yesterday when I woke up for the morning, mommy was getting me dressed for the day, and that little girl came over and gave me a big snotty kiss right on the face.  She had her mouth wide open, so I opened my mouth wide open and we touched faces.  I think the only thing we accomplished was swap boogers, but we did it a few more times and then she left.  I can't say I want to do that again any time soon, but at least she is attempting to show me kindness.  I still prefer mommy and daddy's kisses to hers...she has some more practicing to do, which includes blowing her nose first.  Sheesh!

Notice I'm sitting on the steering wheel? Think this car isn't made for 2!
Another good thing, I'm realizing if the chubby girl and I work together on some things, we can get a lot done.  Like this morning, the big red-headed girl left the bathroom door open again and mommy was on the phone with the pediatrician (those are always long conversations), so I saw a great opportunity to do something I've been wanting to do.  I pointed my finger and said 'eyy' to get that chubby girl's attention, luckily she wasn't crying so she could hear me for once.  We snuck our way into the bathroom and unrolled 3 rolls of toilet paper, tore them into bits, and threw them into the bathtub...it only took a few minutes with the both of us working together.  Then, the chubby crazy-haired girl in yellow ducky pajamas, showed me something I hadn't seen before.  Band-Aids!  They were in the bottom drawer of the bathroom cabinet.  She showed me how to tear the wrapper off and use them as stickers.  They worked great!  We stuck them all over the towel storage doors, the bathtub and floor before mommy came in and shrieked!  I held my hands up in the air like "what?" and crawled out of there in a hurry.  Little chubby girl didn't catch on to what was happening as quickly and when she got caught, she tried one of my moves and fell backwards on the floor kicking her feet and doing what mommy calls 'throwing a fit'...haha, it was a poor attempt if you ask me.  Big red-headed girl had to help pick up the mess because she forgot to close the door...again. Heheheh, I bet she doesn't do that again.  I'm realizing bathrooms are hidden treasure chests.  That chubby girl is always carrying around these long things in wrappers that she gets out of a box in mommy and daddy's bathroom, I'm not sure what they are, but they are kind of fun to try to open.  They make a crinkly sound.    
She also showed me where mommy hides the raisins, unfortunately we didn't get any eaten before she found us.

She also tried helping me stand up all by myself the other day.  I keep watching how she does it to try to learn.  She rolls over on her tummy, bends her knees around her tummy, and pushes herself up with her arms.  So I keep practicing.  I've done it a few times now.  I skip the part about bending my knees, though, I push up with my arms and keep my legs straight with my behind sticking straight up in the air.  It does help if someone is close to help me straighten up, or if something is near I can pull up with, but I am getting better at doing it myself.  Next thing: walking!  All I know is, she better watch out, I'll be running alongside her soon.

I met a girl named Katelyn yesterday too, mommy says she is going to be our babysitter when she goes back to work in a few weeks.  She fed me some food at lunch, so if she keeps doing that we should get along fine.  I'm just not sure I like the sound of babysitter...sounds painful!  We'll see...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Blake! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us :) I have that same little car at home, but I don't have to share it with anyone. Actually, I barely fit on it, because I'm a bit of a chubber dubber. I'm glad you like America, Blake! I like it too. And isn't having a family great?! Maybe someday my mama will let me post a blog. Until then....dasveedanya!

    Love, Carter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Love the perspective you are writing them from, makes them soo cute. Thanks for sharing this journey with us. Your kiddos are to cute.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. More of B's perspective: oh man, I'm worried about being on borrowed time. I sure hope my allegedly "forever" mommy does not kick me to the curb in less than six months (and call "rehoming" me) and then claim it is the Lird's will... Just like what happened to poor lil Yuri (Noknots.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete