Sunday, August 21, 2011

Little Bitty Me

BIG, HUGE Glorious God.
That is the message preached by Louie Giglio this morning that I so desperately needed to hear.

Many of us mom's who are in this adoption journey to save these children, blog about the ups and downs of this process...the paperwork, the chase, the inconsistencies, the unknowing, the waiting, the traveling, the money...and on and on.  I know, speaking personally, that I can get caught up in this process. Very easily. You get comments good and bad about saving a child's life.  About the good we are doing.  About how happy people are that we are living by faith.  That we are such a good family.  That they wish they could do something so noble. 
These are the amazing things that are happening:

This is Liliana.  She is 11.  She weighs 10 lbs.  She now has a Forever Family who committed to her just in the past week.  This family raised over $22K in 24 hours to help bring her home.
Or Emory.  He needs some medical assistance ASAP.  A family recently committed to making him their own to help meet his medical needs in the US.

Wow.  It takes gracious people to do such a thing, right?  These people must be great people, right?  And I'm sure they are.  But what we tend to get lost in is this.  God is working these miracles and moving these mountains...
FOR HIS OWN GLORY.
NOT FOR MY OWN.

I was reminded of this, this morning, through a dear friend's text which stated: "We have been following your journey, and it amazes me to see how God is moving."

This must be the message God wants me to hear today.  Because Louie Giglio only smacked it in my face even more.  I will not lie to you, it is VERY EASY to get caught up in the 'good feelings' of doing something great for someone else.  It is easy to accept all the compliments and praise we have received.  But what we stated from the beginning of this journey was that we wanted to 'Glorify God through this, allow His will to be done, and bring attention to these orphans."  Plain and simple.  The words "we" and "us" are not included in that statement anywhere.

So what I wanted to share with you today as you see God work through our adoption is:  As He is revealing Himself through the speediness of our personal journey with paperwork, and moving financial mountains for others, and as He is calling other families to adopt these suffering orphans...He is not saying LOOK AT THEM!  But, He is saying  LOOK AT ME! 
 I AM WHO I AM. 

**And thank you to the sweet donor, whoever you are, who deposited $500 in our grant fund last night.  What a blessing.  And we praise God for your generosity.




4 comments:

  1. I am so amazed at God's goodness with little Lilliana...I just read about her Friday. And for a family to step up, and for $23K to be raised in 24 hours is nothing short of a miracle...God saying, look at me! I am who I am. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord bless you efforts! Children are a gift of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not, but I know I AM. Still thinking about that and loved that message too! :)

    ReplyDelete