Saturday, August 27, 2011

Giving Back

Today I received the chance to pay forward the efforts you all have made in regards to our adoption.

This was the day of our 4th Annual Triple Threat Youth Triathlon in town.  I have directed this event with the help of the Hillsboro Recreation Commission and Tabor College volunteers.  Thank you Cross Country Team for all your help!  We had 35 kids swim 100 meters, bike 4 miles, and run 1 mile as part of the event.  Keep in mind, these kids are ages 6 to 14 years old. This year we decided to donate all proceeds from this day toward our Hillsboro Playground Committee Fund.  There are a group of people in town who have taken it upon themselves to raise money to improve and add to the kid's playground equipment at Memorial Park.  (trust me it needed some attention)  Well, because of my interest in keeping families active, I thought this event would be a perfect contributor to this effort.

Like I said before, I am so excited to present them with a check in the next few days, to help raise their fundraising thermometer up a bit.  It's only a small contribution, but it is something.  And that is the mindset I've had in our fundraising efforts for Blake...every little bit counts!

So thank you to all the participant's, parents, volunteers, the Hillsboro Recreation, the local businesses who helped sponsor the event, my mom, sister and her boyfriend, the Playground Committee, and all those who made this event possible for the kids in this area and surrounding states!

Here are a few pics to share from today:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment