Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Operation: Get that Boy!!

Ahhhh! I have goosebumps writing this post because today I will be jumping on a jet plane to go get our little boy and bring him home for good.  What an amazing journey this has been so far...and it is not over yet.  We have about 4-5 days of paper chasing once we arrive in Ukraine which all has to fall into place for us to be home Thanksgiving day.  So we have a few prayer requests that we are asking you to lift up for us over the next week...

First and foremost: For God to be glorified by our words, actions, thoughts, and attitudes.  For God to instill a Spirit of patience as we trek through many driving miles, paper chasing, red-tape, and signature writing.  For a Spirit of peace as we are unaware of what obstacles we may run into, what situations may arise, and what we have no control over.  As well as a spirit of peace, comfort, and guidance for Jerad and the girls while they are at home.  For a Spirit of healing for me as I am fighting off the cold the girls have had since we arrived home and for a Spirit of healing and protection for Blake as we remove him from the protected walls of his orphanage and out into a germy world!  Also for a spirit of healing over both girls, especially Autum as we were in the emergency room Sunday night with no answers.  She seems to be doing better today after sleeping all day yesterday.  Also, for a Spirit of discernment and wisdom through the rest of this process.

We are blessed by so many of you who have held us up in prayer so far.  I have never felt covered by the Holy Spirit and the saints in prayer more in my life than now, so we are forever grateful to you for that.

I feel like Paul as he wrote to the church at Colosse and Phillipi:
      '" thank my God every time I remember you, in all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now..."

Next time you hear from me, I will have Blake in my arms, ready to head out the door forever!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see you again...and meet Blake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo happy for you!!!! Praying here for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete