Friday, November 11, 2011

Not nearly enough

I have mulled over in my mind again and again how to properly thank my parents and my in-laws for all of their help the past few weeks and months.  Words just don't seem worthy enough to show my appreciation.  Gifts don't symbolize my gratitude.  And blogging doesn't hold a candle to how I feel about them.  But, it will have to do...

Since May 26th when we first committed to Blake as our son, both my parents and Jerad's have been nothing but supportive.  Have only asked how they can help.  Been encouraging through the rough spots.  Sacrificed their time and vacation.  Given generously.  Prayed unceasingly.

I don't think I had any idea how much I would appreciate them until I entrusted them with my girl's for the past 3 weeks.  I do not like to leave my girls for very long...I just miss them too much.  I get envious of the things I'm missing out on in their lives while they are gone.  So needless to say, we haven't spent much more than a week away from Leah and not even a night away from Autum yet...so 3 weeks was A BIT OF A STRETCH for us. (to say the least)

But...

Like I was saying, it was so much easier to leave them with my parents and Jerad's.  It was just comfortable.  I had no concern about their safety, well-being, or needs.  I knew they were getting everything they needed (and more!)  I trusted both set of parent's judgment on decisions and discipline.  It made my time in Ukraine so much easier. I slept better.  I was able to focus on Blake completely.  And for that, I believe I'm most thankful. I take for granted a lot of times how accessible they are, how well we all get along, how willing they are to drop everything and help us out, their love for us and my girls, and their consistent support and encouragement.

So thank you both...since spending time with you:

Now Autum knows how to hide her green vegetables behind her back during dinner...


Leah knows how to pee outside 'like a boy' now...

Leah thinks she needs something "a little sweet" after each meal...

Autum shakes her head 'no' whenever you ask her if she's full from dinner...

Leah now knows that pumpkin pie for dinner is 'junk food' not a meal...

We love you and appreciate you!!
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment