Thursday, September 29, 2011

No longer a slave to my phone

I tell you what...today has been C.R.A.Z.Y.

I started the day off running behind, because I slept so good last night I didn't even hear my alarm clock go off.  So therefore, the whole day ran behind after that.  Then, Leah, my oldest daughter, decided to sleep in late today, which never happens.  So I let our 1 year-old, Autum go in and wake her up for me.  She proceeds to holler "eeeyyyaaa" and slaps Leah right on the face.  Well, you can imagine the reaction grouchy big sis had to this hysterical (in my opinion) wake-up call by little sis...and it only got crazier after that.

Not long after that I received a phone call from our Stateside helper telling us
WE GOT OUR TRAVEL DATE!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, I no longer have to be a slave to my phone and computer..because we now know that we will be hopping on an airplane, 2 weeks from tomorrow to head to Europe to our State Department of Adoption (SDA) appointment with Blake's government adoption entity.  Our official appointment is Monday, October 17th at 11 am.  Here we will be asked some questions about why we want to adopt a child with special needs, how we plan to take care of this child, etc.  After this brief questioning, we will hopefully receive a referral to go visit Blake at his orphanage.  We will either ride on an overnight train or a quick in-country plane, depending on availability...to make the long trek even further East to Blake's region. 

Today was a big day for two other family's too.  Go here and here to follow these family's journey's.  They received their travel dates too.  So exciting for us all!

Anyway, I'm just now getting a chance to sit down and really let all this settle in.  We went to Big Truck Night tonight (I'll post pics later) and then out to eat with some friends, then put 2 very sleepy girls to bed, and am now watching TV, figuring my business checkbook, posting this blog, and working with our travel agent to schedule flights out of country...oh boy, here we go!!!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Will continue praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome day.
    I can't wait to see all your pictures...can you take pictures? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete