Thursday, September 22, 2011

This Week

This week's been one of up's and down's for me...once again. 
For starter's, I've had a week of emotional down's.  I just feel like Satan is trying to steal my joy through these final stages of our adoption.  I keep having this mood-killing thought slip into my mind when I least expect it too...this thought that says "things are going to well...it's too good to be true...it isn't going to continue on as well as it is right now...you just think you are being blessed..."  I am plagued by this fear.  I keep having these thoughts snowball into the game of "what-if's."  Ohhhh, it has been a battle in my mind, let me tell you. I emailed a dear friend this week and she helped remind me that I need to put on the full armor of God.  I need to keep my shield of faith steady, sharpen up my sword of truth, put on my helmet of salvation, and live in the gospel of peace.  So I have worked hard to be ready, on my guard, and standing firm.  Today I woke up feeling like a weight had lifted.  I realized all along I had the means to fight off these emotions, I just wasn't utilizing them, trusting in their effectiveness, and having faith that it would work.  So I plan to equip myself daily in the full armor of God, so if you see me walking a little more stiffly, it's due to carrying around this full body of armor, or it's due to playing 2 volleyball game last night thinking I can jump and move like I did in high school--and paying for it today.

The up's for this week consisted of these:

I was completely blown away by the generosity of people this past week, in parting with their spare change, in support of Blake's homecoming.  I could not BELIEVE how heavy they were...!  Thank you, Jesus!  I will be taking the change in tomorrow to see what the final amount is...

And finally...I will be getting this HUGE, GIGANTIC, IN-THE-WAY, 46" TV box out of my house!!  YAY!!  Tomorrow is the big day...we will be selling tickets for the final time, tomorrow night at the home football game against Hesston.  We will be set-up during the tailgate starting at 5:30 pm until half-time..so come buy tickets while you can!  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN...we will deliver the TV up to 65 miles away.  If you live in Cherokee, OK--Jerad's parents said they would deliver...so you still have time to purchase tickets online if you want.  Go here to find out more.

I am thinking part of this emotional rollercoaster for me is due to paper-pregnancy hormones! Haha, I keep feeling like I am waiting to go into labor...just waiting for that phone call, email, or notification that we will be traveling soon, that our paperwork is approved/accepted.  So my prayer and my prayer request for you is that we will travel soon, that we will hear something this next week.  Pray for the other families who were submitted when we were, that they will hear something soon as well.  Thanks for interceding for us as we storm the doors of Heaven with our prayers.  We are so grateful for you all. 

1 comment:

  1. What is it about this week? Our house has been hit hard by the emotional downs this week, too! Thanks for the armor reminder! I needed to hear that! Hope your sore muscles are subsiding...I was just worried about my back that I hurt doing jump serves. Dumb, dumb, dumb! But, it's better :)

    ReplyDelete