Thursday, March 28, 2013

Daddy Daycare Workout

You know how you don't realize how much kids pick up on from their parents and peers until they rattle off, "Aunt Kate, the cookies are burning, go shut the DAMN oven timer off!"

You know those times...?

Well, recently I've caught the kids doing some pretty cool stuff that I really have never noticed before.  And its not anything I've ever impressed upon them, taught them, or asked them to do...they just observed it and decided to give it a try.

Kids are pretty smart, ya know?!

I was competing in the CrossFit Open WOD 12.1 a few weeks ago at CrossFit Pathos in McPherson, and the workout involved burpees.  Little to my notice, my kids were doing the workout along with me.  And I was lucky enough to have someone catch them in action.  Makes this mama's heart proud!
My little clean-up helper!

Then yesterday, I peek into the living room to see what Jerad was doing after his evening run, to catch Blake doing everything his daddy was.  Jerad stopped short of putting his feet behind his head during the cool down stretching, like Blake did...but he did give it a valiant effort! (haha, just kidding...he wasn't even close!)


No comments:

Post a Comment