Monday, June 18, 2012

The Value of a Dollar

This was the scene a few nights ago...

Leah was taking a shower, while I cleaned up the swampy water the two babes had left on the  floor from their bath time.  Autum had escaped me before I could get a diaper on her and took the rare advantage of playing in Leah's room while she was unaware of her being there.  Blake was getting his pajamas on thanks to Jerad.  Leah got out and dried off and headed to her room.  A few seconds later Leah was yelling and in a panic...my first thought was that Autum had removed Rapunzel from her castle for the 10th time that day, my second thought was that I had never gotten Autum's diaper on her...ohhhh no...

I hurry in...I head toward her room and am about run over by Autum's little trotting legs moving out of Leah's room as fast as they will carry her.  But Leah was right behind her.  I was confused because Autum had nothing in her hands, so I wasn't sure why Leah was in a tizzy.  I asked Leah what was the matter and she said Autum took her dollar...

Again, I looked at Autum and there was no visible proof of her stealing anything, I even did a mouth sweep to make sure.  As the words began to spill out of my mouth that Autum did not have her dollar, Autum took off walking into the other room...

With a crisp, brand-new dollar bill dangling from between her little bum cheeks...
Next issue..who was going to get it out... I asked Leah how bad she needed it and let her do the deed.  I guess concession stand money for the pool is worth a lot.

We still have no idea how it got there or how it remained in such perfect shape.














3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the laugh tonight! We have a thief in our family as well but it is a 5 month old British lab. Same scenerio though with frequent mouth sweeps. Not fun either with all boys with lots of legos in the house. Love your kiddos and their stories. Pray for your family daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too stinking funny. May God continue to bless your family as you have blessed mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprised you found it in that little chubby bum of hers :). Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete