Friday, August 9, 2013

Going Out with a Bang!

Well, ever since I posted my last blog about us moving, life has quickened pace.

Here is a dose of our life lately:

Jerad gives 2 weeks notice.
Jerad works 16 hours.  Rests 4.  Works 12. 
Rests 8.  Works more.
Meets with home inspector at our current house.
Works overtime. (darn storms/wind/lightning)
I enroll kids at McPherson.
We have a quick dinner date.
Jerad sleeps....works...I have decided since Jerad is moving out of the lineman line of work (no pun intended), I believe God is providing him with one last hoorah of working around the clock, before it's all over!   And testing my patience and will during it all...
I work.  Leah goes with me all day...
She and I get sick after sharing a meal/drink.
Spend all of Wednesday morning and day--"cleansing"
Jerad works all day because he can't take any days off during his 2 weeks' notice.
Autum and Blake watch 10 hours of TV.
Jerad works more overtime...yet another storm..
He meets home inspector at our new house.
I order back to school clothes and bags online.
Leah's bookbag arrives as a miniature version of what I thought I ordered.
This leads to panic overload on her part...
Blake's new shoes do not fit.
I find out Leah will be going to a different school than I thought, so the school supply list I first shopped from is different than her new one.  Will be needing to make those returns now...or later.
Kids need physicals before school starts and we switched doctor's, so that requires a few visits beforehand. And a few blood draws and needle pricks.
Which equates to lots of bribing I have to follow through on...
Dentist appointments, check.
Sorting...
Packing...
Selling...
Throwing away...
Making arrangements for Leah and the little ones as I will be driving the kids to school everyday and picking them up for the few weeks before we move...
We will be going to bed at 7 pm starting this weekend, for as early as we will have to get up to get ready and be in McPherson by 7:50 am...oh boy!

For fun, though, the kids and I have spent most of our days jumping in water puddles.  Playing in the rain.  And watching movies.  I think Leah has rented every American Girl movie twice now.  Autum almost has them memorized.  Blake just climbs in his laundry basket of goodies and tinkers.  He's not so much into those movies as he is Elmo and Curious George.

But... we are surviving. Really well, actually.  Through many whispered prayers.  Reminders of thankfulness and glimpses of hope of this all slowing down soon. 

Life is a journey, right?
This one morning where the sun broke through the clouds long enough for Autum to tell me she wanted to go on a walk "just like mommy!" Hmmm...still pondering that one...

She LOVES playing in the water puddles...







No comments:

Post a Comment