Monday, July 28, 2014

No Lottery Tickets Here

So, the way this past week has gone, I am not going to be buying a lottery ticket a.n.y.time.soon.

No luck here.
I have seriously questioned my need to be admitted.  Just til this blows over...

Monday: Good to go...

Tuesday: Leah gets a new retainer in her mouth.  I find out I have to adjust it with this miniscule tool two times a week...dear Lord, I can't even remember if the kids ate breakfast or not, by noon...let alone the need to adjust her teeth (which is a wrestling match in itself)...TWO TIMES a WEEK!  I am not organized.  Let's just have this understanding ahead of time.  I prefer to take the approach, 'fly by the seat of my pants, it will all work out how its supposed too..."

 Wednesday: 7:00 AM...DING DONG!!  I'm in the shower, kids are up, getting ready to be to work by 8:15 am...well, let's be honest.  All of their breakfast was sitting out on the table, there clothes were laid out by their beds, and I yelled on my way down to the shower for them to remember to go potty and flush and wash their hands before we leave--because when I get out we are leaving!!!"...meanwhile they are all glued to the TV watching the latest, apparently "can't miss a minute" episode of Sofia the First..not listening to a word I say...so anyway, doorbell rings...I don't hear it.  But Leah does and she sprints to the door, let's in the two road construction workers, runs downstairs and yells through the shower door..."Mom, 2 men are upstairs, wanting to talk to you...can you get out?"
"WHAAAAAAA??? (in my whisper/scream voice) 
LEAH JANE, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
WHAT IS THE RULE ABOUT OPENING THE DOOR FOR STRANGERS WHEN MOMMY ISN'T ABLE TO ANSWER THE DOOR....AND WHY DID YOU LET THEM IN.....AHHHHHHH....WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW......GRRRRRR....GO TELL THEM I CANNOT COME TO THE DOOR AND THEY CAN COME BACK LATER....?!??"

After I hear their boots make their way out the door, I dry off, get dressed, and refrain from choking a certain redhead who loves any excuse for company to visit...while I am mumbling under my breath about how many times we have gone over this, why doesn't anyone listen to me...bla bla bla...
Jerad was asleep upstairs, keep this in mind. :)

Well, after hurriedly shoving their uneaten breakfast in lunch bags and throwing a few layers of clothes on each child, giving up on the pottying and washing our hands, we head out the door, and realize our entrance to our cul de sac is nearly destroyed thanks to the ongoing construction taking place in all 3 directions from our house.  I am given the wave to drive through our neighbors yard....WTH??  Seriously...
Oh well, it was our only option so I apologize Harold our neighbor...thinking that must have been what they were going to tell me I went on our way...and then I am informed as I'm driving by that we will not have water for the next 12 hours either....

"WHAT???"

So I shove the van into reverse and slam the pedal like I'm driving a 4-wheel drive truck, back through Harold's yard to my house...so I can fill some jugs with water...it's 100 flippin' degrees outside and my kids will be thirsty and need to pee and on and on...

By now I'm late to work.  Thank God I have understanding, self-motivated clients who started class without me.
We get through 3 hours of classes and training sessions to rush Blake to the lab to get some bloodwork done...as we are still trying to sort out his vaccinations and titeres.  So more blood is needed, in addition to lab work needed for his endocrine appointment that week as well.  So lots of blood. We rush out of the Y, hurriedly getting to the doctor's office only to find out that the scripts aren't all in for the requested lab work for his endocrine appointment, so I will have to wait until they receive those and do the blood draw all at once...

UGH.

Home we go.  For a quick lunch.  And a breather.
Oh wait...I can't get to my house. 
Crap!
So we decide to park in the church parking lot, where they originally told us to park, even though it was going to require a good walk to our house, with 3 kids, a diaper bag, purse, and toys that we just HAD to drag with us to the Y.  We get out of the van, headed to the house, and Autum stops at the edge of the grass and melts into full on toddler tantrum.   Completely confused as to what lead to that...I keep on walking and just ignore her, hoping it will pass quickly.  Nope, wrong.  She begins to scream "the grass is wet, and I hate my feet wet and its going to get my shoes wet and I hate my shoes wet and I am going to cry because the grass is wet..." (repeat)

I go back scrape her off the pavement and carry her and everything else from our house and van back inside...

We just get sat down for lunch and the doctor's office calls and we are to head in for Blake's blood draw, they have a quick break and have the paperwork now.   Jerad is still asleep, so I begin to drag all 3 kids back outside, after shoving their food in their mouths...nearly 45 minutes after we got home before...all while reassuring Autum that the grass is dried by now and it won't ruin her feet and shoes.  We are almost out to the church parking lot and Jerad yells out the back door, "why aren't you leaving them here?" 
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"
So I trot/drag them all back to the back door.  And sprint with Blake over my shoulder back to the van.

The doctor's appointment didn't go well either...the kid was apparently dehydrated and 4 pokes later only a few milliliters of blood were taken and I chose to call it a day.  They hoped to have enough to get his MMR vaccination figured out and his thyroid panel tested and we'd have to come back again next week....poor kid is bruised up one arm and down the other.

...and that was just Wednesday...more to come in PART II...
I am only telling the stories in part as they become funny...some things I'm still not laughing about yet...











No comments:

Post a Comment