Monday, September 9, 2013

Short Stories

Leah is studying various cultures around the world right now, so in school they walked to a Mexican restaurant to partake in the cultural food and atmosphere...she told our new-I might add- neighbors they went there to eat because they are studying immigration...ugh.

They have not been back over since...

Autum grabbed my hand Saturday morning and kept yelling something that sounded like, "cars! cars!" She was very excited and worked up, so I hurried after her..half expecting to find she had pooped on the floor again...When we got downstairs, she reached down in one of Leah's toy boxes and pulled out a school pencil pouch...unzipped it and handed me 2, $100 bills..."Here ya go....cash!"

Oh...my...word...this girl is good!  I will never know if she knew where it was the whole time or if she just remembered where she put it from before..

(If you have no idea the significance of this story, read the blogpost before this one.)

I loaded the 2 little kids up in the van and we headed to Hutchinson to the Kansas State Fair.  We were planning a fun-filled, but hot, day at the fair with my dad.  We get to Hutch, I get to my parents and realize Autum has changed her shoes and is wearing a pair of Leah's pink cowgirl boots that are WAY TOO big...*sigh.  So we pop into Kmart and buy her a pair of pink cowgirl boots...and off we go.  We get to the gate entrance, I reach for my wallet to get cash out to pay...and its empty..thanks to my husband...Luckily it was Dillon's card day and you get in free.  We head off toward the big yellow slides, these two's favorite! We ride down it 2-3 times, we watch the pig races, we walk through the barns, we pet the animals at the petting zoo, we eat a Pronto Pup...its about 11 am and something tells me to check my phone...

I have a missed call from Blake's school...its a reminder his IEP meeting was rescheduled for today at 12:30 pm...

UH OH...

And he is to start school today too.

Where is my brain these days???

We turn the stroller around, jet out of there, and back to McPherson.  Autum is crying and half asleep.  Blake is covered in llama hair, dirt, and ketchup.  We stop by home I grab him some new clothes, a diaper or two...a bookbag and off we go...Autum plants herself down on the kitchen floor and refuses to move until I get her a bookbag. I run up and get her one...she screams until I get her a change of clothes and a diaper too (which makes no sense because she is potty-trained...almost)  We load up and head back to the school.  Blake goes to class and Autum and I head to his IEP meeting.  It's 12:40 pm...no one is there.  They rescheduled it for 1 pm...*sigh...

We sit down and hash out the details, luckily there is a play area in the room so Autum keeps herself entertained with toys...she eventually gets bored with that and crawls her way over under the table we are all circled around...and poops on the floor at everyone's feet...

ARE YOU kidding ME???

I have to send the meeting in to remission while I run out to the van to change her...I have no plastic sacks so luckily one of the kids sand buckets was in the back and I loaded it full of her mess and clothes...put her extra change of clothes that I am NOW so very glad she demanded to bring back on...and back to the meeting we went.  Where she sat at my feet and yelled "YIPS!"  "YIPS!" for 10 minutes...(for those that don't have 2 -year olds that means I need a nap now and for some reason I need mommy's chapstick too)  I finally redirected her to the toys and we continued on...next thing I know she is gone.  Snuck out. I look up and down the hallway, only to see her standing in line with Blake's class to go outside for recess...see the substitute teacher was in charge and Autum just snuck right in line being mistaken for  a preschool student, and pretended to be following directions very well.  Until I drug her away kicking and screaming...

The meeting wrapped up quickly after that...

Now we are home and she is napping, and I should be...
Waiting for preschool.

Pronto Pups at the Fair

Pig races!!

Papa and the Petting Zoo



Waiting to go to school...post-meltdown

Headed inside.







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment